After installation, you need first to edit the configuration file.
- Copy the file inc/configuration.php to site/configuration.php and open it for editing.
Then edit the file
- Name your wiki ($swMainName will be used for the home page) and set the http base reference ($swBaseHref )
- Create a poweruser ($poweruser). The poweruser has always access, even if there is no user page for it. You can also create an array of $powerusers.
- Define the rights for all users and the default rights for new users, that create themselves (you can still modify them manually editing the User pages) ($swAllUserRights, $swNewUserRights, $swNewUserEnable)
- Define the fields necessary for the new user form ($swNewUserFormFields)
- Define how long a user stays logged in with $swUserCookieExpiration (value in seconds).
- Define your encryption salt ($swEncryptionSalt) so that md5 footprints cannot be reused on another server.
- Remove login autofill feature of the browsers with $swBlockLoginAutocomplete=true
- Configure skins and add your own ($swSkins)
- Enable languages ($swLanguages)
- Add namespaces for transclusion, if you want. ($swTranscludeNamespaces) Note: You cannot add the Special namespace (and you will not want to add the User namespace)
- Define searchable namespaces. By default, only the main namespace is searchable. ($swSearchNamespaces)
- Define your own SystemDefaults ($swSystemDefaults user interface localization). You can do this here or better editing the System pages.
- Define the Email for notifications and actions to notify you by mail. Note that users will always get a mail when they create them or when they lost their password.($swNotifyMail, $swNotifyMailCC and $swNotifyMailBCC)
- Define Hooks
- Enable simple URL.($swSimpleURL)
- Enable Image Scaler (for remote hosts only $swImageScaler)
- Provide a path to a RAM Disk for caching, if available $swRamdiskPath with trailing slash /. Or use the Berkeley DB as alternative setting the variable just to "db4".
- Define $swDbaHandler for bigger sites for better performance.
- $swLogAnonymizedIPNumber (default true) scrambles the last IP number for log files. The result numbers are still unique valid IPv4 numbers.
- Define $swMaxFileSize for the File Upload form. Note that the max upload size is also limited by the PHP.ini variables upload_max_filesize and post_max_size.
Now you can log into your wiki with the master user name and start Editing.