Procedure to install SofaWki on your server.
- Download and extract the source files to your server
- Setup the configuration.php file
- Enable world write access (777) to the folder site and its subfolders
- Create your own skin as a copy of default.php and enable it in configuration.php
- You may need to add an htaccess file.
Now you can proceed to Configuration.
You can update from the Special:Update page. You may want to make a snapshot before you update.
The update has 3 steps:
- Download the zip file from the remote server to your server into the SofaWiki root.
- Decompress the zip file into a folder install in the SofaWiki root. Check that all files are there.
- Install: Replace the inc folder and the index.php and the api.php file by the versions in the install folder and delete the install folder
Note: With version 0.4.1 we have moved to the new domain. You will not be able to update with older versions further than 0.4.1.
You can also install the wiki locally on your mac. For that you need to
- Enable web sharing in your system preferences
- Enable PHP:
- Use BBedit to edit the file Macintosh HD:private:etc:apache2:httpd.conf
- Go to line 114 and remove the # comment before the line LoadModule php5_module libexec/apache2/libphp5.so
- Save the file (you will need root access)
- Create the php.ini file
- cd /private/etc
- sudo cp php.ini.default php.ini
- open the php.ini file and change error_reporting = E_ALL'''
- Restart the mac or restart web sharing
Note: The notify by mail will not work locally, if you do not have a SMTP server configured to work with PHP