Download the single file installer install.php.zip
Uncompress the file, install it on the webroot of your server and run it.
Demo video: Install SofaWiki in one minute: install.mp4
Procedure to install SofaWki on your server.
- Download and extract the source files to your server
- Enable world write access (755) to the folder site and its subfolders
- Open the index.php with the browser. Enter the basic parameters
- swMainName is the name of your wiki and the name of the main page of the wiki
- swBaseHrefFolder is the URL path to the root folder of the wiki (including trailing slash /). Take attention to the protocol http or https.
- poweruser name is the name of the system user, to be defined hard coded in configuration
- poweruser pass is the password of the system user
- default lang is the language of the wiki. If you have multiple languages, set them later manually
- default skin is the skin of the wiki,. You can choose half a dozen of predefined designs. You can change them later manually.
- Login and create your main page.
You can also install the wiki locally on your mac. For that you need to
- Download the SofaWiki to a local folder
- Open Terminal
- cd to the local folder
- php -S localhost:9000
- Open URL localhost:9000 in browser
- Finish installation
- Fix write access to site folder
- Use / for swBaseHrefFolder
Note: The notify by mail will not work locally, if you do not have a SMTP server configured to work with PHP
Your wiki is now running. You can go further manually editing the files on the site
- Edit the site/configuration.php file. See Configuration.
- Create your own skin as a copy of default.php and enable it in configuration.php
- You may need to add an htaccess file.
- If you are using Cpanel, you must turn off MODSECURITY for the domain.
You can update from the Special:Update page. You may want to make a snapshot before you update.
The update has 3 steps the wiki does for you:
- Download the zip file from the remote server to your server into the SofaWiki root.
- Decompress the zip file into a folder install in the SofaWiki root. Check that all files are there.
- Install: Replace the inc folder and the index.php and the api.php file by the versions in the install folder and delete the install folder